MSc Geological Sciences
|Thesis Topic||Influence of submarine channel sinuosity and length on grain-size sorting of submarine fan deposit.|
|Supervisor||Dr. Elisabeth Steel|
My current research is focused on sediment transport processes in deepwater environment. Through flume experiment, I am studying the influence of submarine channel elements including sinuosity and length, on grain-size sorting of submarine fan deposits which are the largest accumulation of clastic sediments and host to some of the largest petroleum reservoirs on earth.
This research will lead to better interpretation of submarine channel elements and turbidity current flow history from ancient submarine fan successions, improve deepwater facies prediction and greater accuracy in modelling deep marine reservoirs.
Clastic Sedimentology, Stratigraphy, Petroleum Geology & Geochemistry
Fredrick obtained a B.Sc. (Honors) degree in geology from the Department of Geoscience, University of Lagos, Nigeria, in 2017. As an undergraduate, he represented the University of Lagos at local and international stage including the AAPG Imperial Barrel Award, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) PetroBowl Competition, Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationist (NAPE) Basin Evaluation Competition etc.
He entered into the MSc. Program at Queen’s University in Fall’2020, joining the Queen’s Sedimentology Group under the supervision of Dr. Elisabeth Steel.
Fredrick is a member of the following professional associations and likes to volunteer;
- American Association of Petroleum Geologist (AAPG)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationist (NAPE)
- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologist (CSPG)
- Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
- Geological Society of America (GSA) Graduate Research Grant (2021)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologist (AAPG) Grant-In-Aid Award; Norman H. Foster Memorial Grant (2021)
- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologist Regional Graduate (MSc.) Award, Eastern Region (2021)
- Queen’s University Graduate Award (2020-2022)
- University of Lagos Science Student Association Award for All-round Best Student (2017)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologist Imperial Barrel Award, Sub-Sahara, Africa (2017)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers PetroBowl Award, African Region (2017)
- University of Lagos Alumni Scholarship Award (2013-2017)