The following video provides step-by-step instructions on how to set up notifications:
Note: It is recommended that you request your students set up notification settings as soon as possible in onQ. We suggest you inform them to activate notifications for News Items, as this will enable them to receive important information about your course. If they choose not to enable notifications, the only method of receiving updates and information for your course will be to log into onQ directly. To ensure that they do not miss any important communications from your course, here is how they should set up email/SMS notifications:
- Log into onQ.
- Click on the drop-down arrow, next to your name, in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Notifications.
- Under Contact Methods enter your mobile number, if you would like to receive texts.
- Under Instant Notifications check the boxes to choose which notifications will be sent by email/SMS.
- Select the Save button to confirm changes.
To ensure your students know your course is in onQ, send a welcome email to your class with information on how to access your course and setup notifications in onQ. Prior to sending an email, make sure that you have set the course to active at least 24 hours before so they will have access to the course!
Please note that emails sent from onQ will NOT be saved in onQ. Instead, a BCC of the email will be sent to your Queen's email address. All responses from students will also be sent to your Queen's email address.
Note: If you are selecting an individual or group/section it is recommended that you adjust your email settings. See Receive a Copy of All Emails Sent From onQ for more information
- In the navbar, select the Classlist option under the Communications menu.
- To email all users enrolled in the course select the Email Classlist button.
- A list of the users that will be emailed is displayed, scroll to the bottom of the list and click Send Email.
- A pop-up will appear where you can compose your email.
- Once you have written the email, scroll to the top of the window and click Send to finish and send the email.