Pearson is an external learning tool, that can be integrated in your course to provide interactive learning and assessments for students.
If you would like to learn more about Pearson in detail, please visit their official Pearson Higher Education page.
To access Pearson MyLab & Mastering:
Pearson is available for self-service, meaning the tool can be added to your course independent of ITS.
- On the navbar, select Edit Course.
- Select Course Builder.
- Click the blue Start button.
- From the Add Content section in the left panel, click the Pearson icon.
- In the pop-up window, select where you would like to add the tool in your Table of Contents.
- Follow the prompted instructions to complete the tool setup.
Please submit an ITS Help Form if you experience any difficulties adding the tool to your course.
Updating Pearson for a New Semester
Please remember that, with the start of the new semester, you must re-link Pearson’s MyLab and Mastering material to your onQ course to permit student access to the Pearson material. To complete this link, please click on the green Pearson widget found on your course’s homepage in onQ to access to Pearson settings screen and click on the yellow Get Started button to begin the linking process.
If you cannot see the Pearson widget on your course’s homepage, please follow the steps below to add it to your course:
- Click on Edit Course located to the left of the navigation bar, below the onQ icon.
- On the next page under the Site Setup subheading, click on Homepages.
- Click on the homepage labelled as Active (if you cannot click on the Active homepage, follow the steps below before moving to Step 4).
- Click on the little arrow to the right of the name of the Active homepage and select Copy from the menu.
- Change the Active homepage to the copied one by selecting it from the dropdown menu under the Active Homepage subheading and then clicking on the Apply button.
- Click the Add Widget button in the location in which you want the Pearson widget to appear.
- Scroll through the list to find the widget called MyLab & Mastering Links, check the box next to
- Click on the Save and Close button located at the bottom of the page.
- On the right of the navigation bar, click on the Course Home link to view the Pearson icon on your homepage.