There are three levels of appeal in the Faculty
of Arts and Science. The first two levels are located within the faculty of
Arts and Science and deliver a verdict on the academic issues related to the case.
The third and final level is an appeal to the University Student Appeal Board
is an appeal on matters of process only.
- Appeal to the Office of the Associate Dean (Studies)
- appeals must be in writing accompanied by a signed Associate Dean (Studies) appeal form
- they must be received in the Faculty Office by the stated deadline (within 21 calendar days of initial decision being appealed for most appeals)
- Supporting documentation verifying the extenuating circumstances must be provided with your letter of appeal.
- Appeal to the Board of Studies
- Appeals must be in writing accompanied by a signed Board of Studies appeal form
- Appeals must be received in the Faculty Office by the stated deadlines (within 21 calendar days after the decision of the Associate Dean (Studies))
- All materials in the previous appeal are forwarded to the Board
- Students may only add an additional letter to the Board addressing the decision of the Office of Associate Dean (Studies).
- Appeal to the University Student Appeal
- Appeals to the University Student Appeal Board relate only to the process by which the previous decisions were rendered and does not deal with the merits of the appeal itself.
- Contact Harry Smith, Coordinator of Dispute Resolution Mechanisms (phone: (613) 533-6495; email: email@example.com).