/ BREAK-IN (PERSONAL PROPERTY):
October 30, 10:55 am: Stauffer Library - A caller reported a wallet
was stolen out of her purse while accidentally unattended. While security was
on scene to meet with the individual, library staff discovered the wallet in
one of the stack - it still contained the identification but was missing a
small amount of cash.
October 29, 10:15 am: Residences - A student reported finding
himself locked out of his room, and left a number of items sitting outside his
door while he was away arranging for access. When the student returned, he
discovered his wallet was missing.
/ BIKE PARTS THEFT:
November 5, 5:15 pm: Jeffrey Hall - A caller reported his bicycle
was stolen while cable locked outside the building for the day. It is a
red and silver 'Jeep' brand bicycle.
October 30, 8:32 pm: Jean Royce Hall - The fire alarm system
activated due to cooking smoke on the 2nd floor. The system was reset by
Security at 8:52 pm.
October 27, 4:58 pm: Gordon Brockington House - The fire alarm
activated due to burnt food in the 2nd floor kitchen.
October 24, 10:34 pm: Leggett Hall -The fire alarm activated due to
burnt popcorn on the 2nd floor lounge. System restored by security at 10:53
October 24, 5:55 pm: Jean Royce Hall - The fire alarm activated due
to cooking smoke in a 4th floor kitchen.
FROM VEHICLE / VEHICLE BREAK-IN:
October 25, 12:21 pm: Campus - A staff member reported their
unlocked vehicle had been entered and paperwork strewn around inside. No
property was immediately noticed missing.
October 15, 8:30 pm: An Clachan Complex - A tenant reported his
vehicle was broken into sometime during the previous few days. The face plate
of a newly installed stereo and some CDs were stolen.
October 22, 12:31 pm: An Clachan Complex - A tenant reported hearing
a nearby apartment's smoke detector going off for about half an hour. She then
walked by the apartment and detected a burning smell. The caller could
provide no additional details because she had already left the building and on
her way to main campus..
Apartment and Housing staff were immediately notified and had a
superintendent already in the area check on the report. He confirmed there was
a problem and accessed the apartment where he discovered a pot burning on a
hot stove element and the tenant not there.
October 22, 00:01 am: Campus Substation - The fire alarm
activated in the Substation, just North of Victoria Hall, due to a faulty
October 19, 1:45 pm: Jean Royce Hall - The fire alarm system
activated due to smoke caused when a pot of rice overflowed onto the burner of
a stove inside the kitchen area.
October 21, 7:05 pm: JDUC - The fire alarm activated due to a grease
fire in the International Center kitchen. The fire was extinguished by
individuals in the area before KFD arrived.
It was noted that the Upper Celidh of the JDUC was also flooded with
smoke, yet many people did not evacuate the area despite the audible fire
alarm and smoke..
October 17, 2:15 pm: Stauffer Library - The fire alarm was
activated after reports of a burning smell in the library. KFD attended
and searched the area with a thermal heat detector. No cause was located for
the smell and it was soon determined a burnt light ballast may have been the
It was also noted some people were found still inside the building well
after the fire alarm activated and the building was otherwise emptied.
October 15, 8:00 pm: Ban Righ Hall - A fire alarm activated in the
Residence due to cooking smoke.
October 6, 1:45 pm: Jean Royce Hall - Fire alarm
activated due to cooking smoke.
October 4, 11:34 pm: Jean Royce Hall - A fire alarm activated in the
Residence and both Security and KFD were informed to attend. Soon after
arrival it was determined something left burning on a common room stove had
set off a smoke detector nearby. Security reset the system at 11:44 pm
and KFD cleared the scene.
October 21, 6:28 pm: Campus - The Emergency Report Center was
informed three males were seen putting on disguises and then driving
erratically through and then out of the Mackintosh Corry parking lot.
Kingston City Police were already notified by the witness and Security staff
met to search for the vehicle and suspects. The empty vehicle was
located a short time later parked on University Avenue, and the three males -
all Queen's students - located soon afterwards.
The students claimed to be filming a video skit and were given a warning by
police about their actions that evening (driving recklessly, wearing
October 14, 6:20 pm: PhysEd Centre - A student reported
encountering an unknown male in a women's change room. The man didn't say
anything, and appeared flustered as he quickly left the scene. Security
staff checked this and surrounding buildings without locating the man.
He was briefly described as appearing to be in his late 40s, bald, wearing
glasses along with a grey suit and blue collared shirt while carrying a
October 17, 7:50 pm: Campus - Staff reported discovering signs
of pry marks on a set of exterior doors to a main campus building. The
door was secured for the evening and Physical Plant Services notified to make
October 13, 9:05 am: Residences - An electrician was contacted
to attend to an 'emergency' exit sign that was torn out of the ceiling and had
exposed wires. The electrician arrived soon afterwards and effected
/ BIKE PARTS THEFT:
October 15, 9:00 pm: Beamish Monroe - A custodian reported observing
two young males steal a red bicycle from the building's bike racks, leaving
behind a smaller silver bicycle. Kingston City Police were contacted to
attend and took possession of the silver bike.
/ BREAK-IN (PERSONAL PROPERTY):
October 15, 5:10 pm: Student Housing Area - A student reported a
laptop computer may have been stolen from his house located near main campus.
It is a blue Ceciro F120C-E1 computer with a cracked monitor. The serial
number for its hard drive is: WXE307387489 .
October 3, 11:03 pm: Stauffer Library - A student reported her
wallet was stolen out of a backpack that was left unattended sometime between
8:00 and 10:00 pm.
September 29, 1:25 pm: Residences - A student reported a black
HP laptop computer was stolen from their room - likely accessing it by
reaching through a ground floor window.
October 3, 10:30 am: Campus - The Emergency Report Centre
received reports that a male bicyclist had been in an accident with a moving
vehicle and may require an ambulance. Campus Security, Queen's First
Aid, and Regional Ambulance were all contacted to attend. The individual
was treated for minor injuries at the scene and left for home a short while
Other Incidents of Interest: April