Student Voices Week
Start DateMonday March 13, 2023
End DateSunday March 19, 2023
Time8:00 am - 8:00 pm
LocationVarious locations across Queen's campus
Student Voices Week is a concentrated series of opportunities to engage in conversations about equity at Queen's and to celebrate the equity-focused work being done by students across campus.
Student Voices Week is hosted by the Queen's Shift Project in the Student Experience Office in collaboration with many university partners and student groups.
Unless otherwise noted, all Student Voices Week events are open to any students looking to be part of the shift towards a safer and more inclusive campus culture for everyone.
All Student Voices Week events will appear on this page. It's live, so check back regularly!
Monday, March 13th
- 6am: Final episode release for The Shift Podcast, Season 2, facilitated by the Queen's Shift Project.
- 9:30am: Shift Project Booth - come by MacCorry for some Shift Project swag and a chance to contribute to a collaborative Student Voices Week display.
- 12pm: Student Voices Week Faith Fair hosted by Queen's Faith & Spiritual Life
- 1pm: Accessibility Connections hosted by Health Promotion & QSAS
Tuesday, March 14th
- 10am: Student Voices Week Market hosted by the Queen's Shift Project
- 4:30pm: Conversation Café hosted by the Commitment Scholar Engagement Committee.
- 6pm: Student Voices Week Consent Trivia hosted by Consensual Humans and Queen's For the Boys
- 7pm: An Clachan Sharing Circle hosted by Residence Life & Services
Wednesday, March 15th
- 10:30am: Shift Project Booth - come by the Queen's Centre for some Shift Project swag and a chance to contribute to a collaborative Student Voices Week display.
- 5:30pm: Student Voices Week Film Screening hosted by the Queen's Shift Project, Off Campus Community and QSuccess
- 6pm: Student Voices Week Karaoke Night hosted by the Yellow House.
Thursday, March 16th
- 10am: Build-Your-Own-Gift Baskets hosted by Queerspace ASUS.
- 11am: 9:30am: Shift Project Booth - come by the Queen's Centre for some Shift Project swag and a chance to contribute to a collaborative Student Voices Week display.
- 5:30pm: Student Voices Week Student Celebration Event hosted by the Queen's Shift Project
Friday, March 17th
- 3pm: Allyship Themed Button Making hosted by the Queen's Shift Project and Residence Life
- 8pm: Queer Prom hosted by the AMS Social Issues Commission & Queers4Peers
Sunday, March 19th
- 4pm: The Shift Podcast Live Recording: A Conversation on Male Allyship hosted by the Queen's Shift Project with support from Athletics & Recreation
Check out some of the events and social media initiatives that are happening throughout Student Voices Week:
- Follow @QueensARC for highlights throughout the week featuring student athletes who are contributing to a more inclusive campus culture.
- Follow @QueensFaithAndSpiritualLife for student highlights on what their faith means to them.
- Follow @QUIC.Queensu for an International Student Voices spotlight series.
- Follow @QueensOCLA to participate in polls and Q&As and have your voice heard regarding what information and support you'd like to see from the Off Campus Living Advisor!
- Tune in to the Student Wellness Services Instagram Live on Monday, March 14th to have your accessibility focused questions answered.
- Follow @QueensSASS to check out Student Academic Success Services' Student Voices Week blogger campaign!
- Follow @QueensPinoys to learn more about Filipino culture by participating in Queen's Pinoy Association's online 'Day In The Life' Q&A.
Get involved in Student Voices Week and join us in working towards a safer and more inclusive campus for all students!
If you have any questions about Student Voices Week or want to know more about how to get involved, email QueensShiftProject@queensu.ca.