WELCOME BACK TO THE DONALD GORDON HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTRE!
We’ve advanced our health and safety protocols to ensure we meet or exceed current local public health guidelines. The following is a summary of best practices already in use at Donald Gordon Hotel and Conference Centre to ensure excellent, safe experiences for every guest. We continue to elevate our standards as best practices evolve to make your stay safe, impactful, and memorable.
We take a methodical approach to cleaning and safety. We use Health Canada approved cleaning products and protocols that are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. Areas have been classified on frequency schedules with assigned protocols.
To promote the health and safety of our community, face coverings may be required for guests and staff in all indoor public areas and during outdoor events when physical distancing measures cannot be followed. Safety, health, and hygiene signage displayed throughout the property reminds guests to maintain physical distancing protocols. Other safety precautions include:
• Sanitizer products and hand washing stations are available for guest use throughout the property.
• Physical distancing markers are placed where appropriate to ensure guests properly queue.
• Plexi glass will be in place where required under Public Health guidelines to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and team members.
• Counters and other high-touch points are disinfected at regular intervals and between each guest.
• Guest elevators have a hand sanitizer station at each entry point. Staff disinfect the elevator button panel regularly. Elevators may have limited capacities and signage is posted to outline the current the current procedures.
We care about our hotel and conference centre’s guests’ safety. We have added hand sanitizer to our guest room amenities along with the following enhanced guest room protocols:
• Guest room keys are disinfected prior to use.
• Guests can customize their cleaning preference. For the comfort of our guests, we will keep entry into our guest rooms at a minimum. We will provide housekeeping services only upon request.
• Some items may have been removed from the guest room, such as writing pads, pens, and printed information guides. All items are available upon guest request.
• Extra pillows and blankets previously stored in the guest room closets were removed and are now available upon guest request.
• No team members are permitted to enter a room while a guest is present unless in an emergency.
Our food and beverage program has been modified so guests enjoy offerings through a served experience.
• Every food and beverage team member is fully trained and compliant in food safety training and cleanliness protocols. All staff will adhere to Public Health guidelines while interacting with guests.
• Seating capacities in the dining room and pub will adhere to current local health guidelines with appropriate spacing between tables as required. Hand sanitizer stations are place at each access point of all dining locations.
• High-touch points are disinfected throughout the day while bars, tables, and chairs are disinfected and linens changed between each seating.
• Our management team is are responsible for ensuring physical distance at entries, waiting areas, and queue with signage providing additional safety instruction.
A comprehensive protocol is in place for cleaning and disinfecting conference room doors, tables, chairs, light switches, and other equipment after each group. Further safety measures include:
• Hand-sanitizing stations are in high-traffic areas and every meeting room and event space.
• Creative room set-ups will adhere to physical distancing guidelines with updated floor plan capacity charts.
• Outdoor event solutions.
• All shared equipment and meeting amenities are disinfected before and after each use or is single-use if not able to be disinfected
• Meeting spaces accommodate physical distancing and virtual attendees.
• Meeting break stations include pre-packaged items, small plates, and items served by staff.
• Group breaks will be scheduled on a staggered approach with dedicated break items will be reserved for a specific event and its attendees.
• Our team of professionals will monitor to maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards during breaks and prior to use by another group.
• Signage is displayed outside all meetings and events to remind guests of recommended physical distancing guidelines.
• Creative and flexible food and beverage options are thoughtfully served and are focused on individual portions and single-serve items, emphasizing locally sourced and sustainable offerings.
HYBRID VIRTUAL MEETING SOLUTIONS
• Complimentary high-speed Internet eases the planning of virtual events.
• A/V options enable hosting of hybrid meetings with ease.
• A dedicated on-site conference planner and A/V support to navigate the process.
Additional Training and Safety Measures
• Team members are trained on swift COVID-19 response and reporting. All presumed on-property cases of COVID-19 are reported to KFL&A Public Health through Queen’s Environmental Health and Safety Office. If the property is alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the conference centre, the property will work with the local public health department to follow the appropriate actions.
• The team will complete new and ongoing trainings to ensure compliance on housekeeping and hygiene standards, COVID-19 awareness training, and additional training in all areas to ensure a healthy and safe environment for the guests and team.
• All employees use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) including mandatory masks, with gloves, faceshields or goggles when required. Employees also observe physical distancing and limit face-to face contact.
• All team members are required to have their temperature taken prior to entering their work area and complete the approved Queen’s University COVID-19 screening prior to arriving on campus.
The University community is committed to continued compliance of all Public and Provincial Health Guidelines. Together, we will continue to keep one another safe and ensure that our academic mission to advance learning, research, and innovation is moving forward. For more information on the University’s COVID-19 response, visit https://www.queensu.ca/covidinfo. The health and safety of the students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and guests who are a part of the Queen’s community is the University’s priority. Guidelines are intended to support the Queen’s community in planning for the phased return of campus operations when permitted, while mitigating risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.