Dean, Faculty of Law search committee membership announced
October 7, 2022
Mark Walters, Dean of the Faculty of Law, will complete his deanship one year early, on June 30, 2023.
In accordance with the Appointment of Deans procedure established by Senate, Principal and Vice-Chancellor Patrick Deane is calling upon the Queen’s community for submissions of opinion on the direction and leadership of the Faculty of Law. Submissions should be directed to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those submitting their views in writing are to state whether they wish to have their letters shown, in confidence, to members of the Advisory Committee. Principal Deane. The principal has asked Interim Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) Teri Shearer to chair the Principal’s Advisory Committee that will make recommendations to the Principal on the appointment of the next dean.
Principal Deane would like to thank the following individuals who have agreed to serve on the Advisory Committee:
- Teri Shearer, Interim Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) (Chair)
- Lori Stewart, Executive Director, Provost’s Office (Secretary)
- Colin Grey, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law
- Stacia Loft, Director of Indigenous Initiatives and EDII Programs, Faculty of Law
- Stephanie Simpson, Associate Vice-Principal (Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion)
- Karla McGrath, Executive Director, Queen’s Law Clinics and Director, Family Law Clinic, Faculty of Law
- Deanna Morash, Executive Director, Administration and Finance, Faculty of Law
- Erik Knutsen, Professor, Faculty of Law
- Ashwini Vasanthakumar, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law
- Lisa Kelly, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law
- Wanda Costen, Dean, Smith School of Business
- Olivia Moon, President, Law Student Society
- Kelley McKinnon, Chair, Dean’s Advisory Council
As stipulated by the Senate procedures, Principal Deane will also be writing directly to members of the Faculty of Law’s Faculty Board to invite them to submit their views on the question of potential candidates and matters pertaining to present administration and future development.
All community members are encouraged to fully engage in this process. Principal Deane thanks all for their time and consideration.