For the Record – Feb. 10, 2022
February 10, 2022
For the Record provides postings of appointment, committee, grant, award, and other notices set out by collective agreements and university policies and processes. It is the university’s primary vehicle for sharing this information with our community.
Submit For the Record information for posting to Gazette editor Andrew Carroll.
Advisory Search Committee - Vice-Dean, Research, Queen’s Health Sciences
An Advisory Search Committee has been established to provide advice on the future Vice-Dean (Research) with Queen’s Health Sciences.
An Advisory Search Committee has been established to provide advice on the future Vice-Dean (Research) with Queen’s Health Sciences, following Dr. Steve Smith’s recent appointment to the position of Deputy Vice-Principal (Research for Health Research).
- Dr. Jane Philpott, Dean, Queen’s Health Sciences and Chief Executive Officer, SEAMO (Chair)
- Dale Best, Director, Financial Services Queen’s Health Sciences
- Dr. Andrew Craig, Director, Clinical Research, Queen’s Health Sciences
- Dr. Marcia Finlayson, Vice-Dean (Health Sciences) and Director, School of Rehabilitation Therapy
- Dr. Michael Fitzpatrick, Chief of Staff & Executive Vice-President Medical and Academic Affairs, Kingston Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Michael Green, Head, Department of Family Medicine
- Isabelle Grenier-Pleau, Vanier Scholar and PhD candidate, Queen’s Health Sciences
- Kristy Lodewyks, Senior Staffing Officer, Queen’s Health Sciences (Secretary)
- Dr. Diane Lougheed, Vice-Dean, Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, Queen’s Health Sciences
- Dr. Roumen Milev, Vice-President Medical and Academic Affairs, Providence Care Hospital
- Dr. Lynne-Marie Postovit, Head, Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences
- Dr. Erna Snelgrove-Clarke, Vice-Dean (Health Sciences) and Director, School of Nursing
- Dr. Stephen Vanner, Director, Clinical Research, Queen’s Health Sciences
Internal applications must be accompanied by a letter summarizing leadership and administrative experience, a curriculum vitae, the names and full contact information of three referees, and a letter from the applicant’s Department Head/Director in which the Head/Director expresses their support for the application, are to be directed to: Dr. Jane Philpott, Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences and CEO, SEAMO, c/o Kristy Lodewyks, Senior Staffing Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will commence Feb. 14, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact Kristy Lodewyks to request a detailed copy of the role description. Support to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs, will be provided in the recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Kristy Lodewyks as indicated above.
Nicholas Mosey appointed Associate Dean (Global Engagement) for Faculty of Arts and Science
The Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) has appointed Nicholas Mosey as Associate Dean (Global Engagement), a position he will begin on July 1. The new position will oversee and provide strategic leadership for global engagement in FAS.
“It is a really exciting and important time in the university right now when it comes to global engagement,” says Dean Barbara Crow, FAS. “The Report on the Principal’s Conversation and the Principal’s Working Group plans reflected the importance of Queen’s engaging with the broader global community and indeed the list of the Principal’s strategic goals are prefaced by a ‘commitment to making a global impact.’”
The Associate Dean (Global Engagement) will work with all the Associate Deans in FAS and with other institutional partners to develop and execute a comprehensive, coherent global engagement strategy that will enhance the global impact of the units in FAS and the institution.
“The ability to promote meaningful impact on a global scale through a challenging multi-faceted role is what appeals to me about this position,” Dr. Mosey says.
He currently serves as Associate Dean (Research) within FAS.
Dr. Mosey joined the Department of Chemistry at Queen’s as an Assistant Professor in 2008, was tenured in 2014, and promoted to Full Professor in 2019.
For more information about the AD (Research) position, visit the FAS website.