For the Record – March 24, 2022
March 24, 2022
For the Record provides postings of appointment, committee, grant, award, and other notices set out by collective agreements and university policies and processes. It is the university’s primary vehicle for sharing this information with our community.
Submit For the Record information for posting to Gazette editor Andrew Carroll.
Headship Review Committee, Department of Family Medicine
Dr. Michael Green’s first term as Head of the Department of Family Medicine will end on June 30, 2022, and Dr. Green has indicated that he is willing to be considered for reappointment. In accordance with the Modified Reappointment Process for Heads of Clinical Departments which was approved by Senate on Sept. 28, 1995, and last revised in July 2001, a Joint Committee has been established to provide advice to the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) of Queen’s University on the reappointment of Dr. Green and the present state and future prospects of the department. The membership of the committee is:
- Dr. Diane Lougheed (Co-Chair), Vice-Dean Clinical, Queen’s Health Sciences
- Dr. Roumen Milev (Co-Chair), Vice-President Medical and Academic Affairs, Providence Care Hospital
- Chris Gillies, Chief of Medical & Academic Affairs, Kingston Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Claudio Soares, Professor and Head, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Alenia Kysela, Assistant Professor and Deputy Head, Department of Family Medicine
- Dr. Melissa Wan, Lead Resident, Department of Family Medicine
- Dr. Nguyet Nguyen, Lead Resident, Department of Family Medicine
- Kristy Lodewyks (Secretary), Senior Staffing Officer, Queen’s Health Sciences
At this time, faculty, staff, students, residents and all other members of the hospital and university communities, are invited to submit their comments, in writing, on the present state and future prospects of the Department of Family Medicine and your degree of support for the reappointment of Dr. Green as Head. Written submissions are to be directed to the co-chairs in c/o Kristy Lodewyks, Senior Staffing Officer at email@example.com or via this Form Submission.
While submissions will be accepted throughout the reappointment process, it will be advantageous for the committee to have them early on – if possible, please submit feedback by April 6, 2022. Responses received will remain confidential and will be shared only with the members of the review committee; anonymous submissions will not be considered.