Travel and immigration resources

Travel and immigration resources

January 30, 2017


Queen’s is committed to ensuring our university is a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful community, open to all, and is shocked and saddened by the tragic events that took place in Sainte-Foy, Que., on Sunday evening. Queen’s also joins Universities Canada and other institutions across Canada in expressing significant concerns about the executive order issued recently by the United States that imposes travel restrictions on individuals from the following seven Muslim-majority countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.

Please read Principal Daniel Woolfs statement  

For anyone who is planning to travel to any country, including the United States, please review the Off Campus Activity Safety Policy.

If you have any questions regarding travel or immigration concerns, please contact the following offices:

Queen’s students with any questions should contact the Queen’s University International Centre by calling 613-533–2604 or emailing QUIC Director Jyoti Kotecha at

Queen’s faculty and staff members with any questions should contact Monica Stewart, Coordinator, Faculty Relations and Support, by calling 613-533-3167 or emailing

Graduate students should contact Monica Corbett at 613-533-6100 or by email at or Kim McAuley at 613-533-6000 ext. 77562 or by email at and Marta Straznicky at 613-533-6000 ext. 77557 or by email at

For 24/7 inquiries and support, the university’s emergency report centre can be accessed by calling 613- 533-6111.

If you are a dual citizen, permanent resident, on a work permit or a student on a study permit (visa) from one of the countries affected by the U.S. executive order, and have questions about travelling to the United States, please visit the QUIC website for further information.

If you have difficulties at the border, please contact your country of citizenship Embassy or Consulate. To find the one nearest to you please visit

For immigration-specific questions, please contact Immigration and Citizenship Canada.

Anyone in need of campus-based support is encouraged to contact Student Wellness Services at 613-533-6000 ext. 78264 and/or the University Interfaith Chaplain, Kate Johnson, at 613-533-2186. Support for staff and faculty is available through the Employee and Family Assistance Program at 1-800-663-1142 or 1-866-398-9505.

The university will provide updates to this information as necessary.