PhD Geological Sciences
|Thesis Topic||Petrogenesis and geochronology of Sub-Moho granite dykes in supra-subduction ophiolites|
|Supervisor||Dr. Christopher Spencer|
Field geology, tectonics, orogenic processes, igneous petrology, geochemistry, geochronology, structural geology
Tiago is a Brazilian geologist with a BSc from the University of Brasília. His final bachelor’s project focused on mapping a greenstone-belt terrain in central Brazil. Tiago completed his MSc in Geotectonics at the University of São Paulo. His thesis investigated the flow of rocks in orogenic areas during deformation. During his PhD at Queen’s, he will focus on geologic mapping, geochemistry, and geochronology to investigate the petrogenesis and timing of Sub-Moho dykes in the Oman-UAE supra-subduction ophiolite.
- Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES) Scholarship. Master’s Degree at the University of São Paulo, Brazil. 2/2017 to 2/2019.
- Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq). Science without Borders Scholarship. Exchange student at the University of Calgary, Canada. 2/2013 to 2/2014.
- Scientific Initiation Scholarship (PIBIC). Federal District Research Foundation (FAP-DF, Brazil). University of Brasília, Brazil. 1/2015 to 1/2016.
- Temporim, F. A., da Trindade, R. I. F., Egydio-Silva, M., Angelo, T. V., Tohver, E., Soares, C. C., Gouvêa, L. P., Mendes, J. C., Medeiros, S. R., Pedrosa-Soares, A. C., & Silva, G. G. (2022). Vertical deformation partitioning across a collapsing large and hot orogen. Terra Nova, 00, 1– 9. https://doi.org/10.1111/ter.12625
- Seraine, M., Campos, J. E. G., Martins-Ferreira, M. A. C., de Alvarenga, C. J. S., Chemale Jr, F., Angelo, T. V., & Spencer, C. (2021). Multi-dimensional scaling of detrital zircon geochronology constrains basin evolution of the late Mesoproterozoic Paranoá Group, central Brazil. Precambrian Research, 365, 106381. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.precamres.2021.106381
- Angelo, T. V., Egydio-Silva, M., Temporim, F., Seraine, M.. (2020). Midcrust deformation regime variations across the Neoproterozoic Araçuaí hot orogen (SE Brazil): insights from structural and magnetic fabric analyses. Journal of Structural Geology, v.134, May 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsg.2020.104007
- Seraine, M. F., Campos, J. E. G., Giorgioni, M., Martins-Ferreira, M. A. C., Angelo, T. V. (2020). Tectonic significance of abrupt immature sedimentation in a shallow cratonic margin basin: The Arkose Level, Mesoproterozoic Paranoá Group. Journal of South American Earth Sciences, v. 97, January 2020, 102397. Status: Published. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsames.2019.102397
- Angelo, T. V., Sousa, G. E., Cunha, L. S. (2019). Conceptual Geological Model of the Ribeirão Tortinho Watershed, Federal District of Brazil. Brazilian Journal of Physical Geography, v.12, n.2, 592-607. doi.org/10.26848/rbgf.v12.2.p592-607; https://periodicos.ufpe.br/revistas/rbgfe/article/view/237938