The History DSC is now hiring for 2021-2022 positions! Joining the History Department Student Council is a great way to connect with other students during your History degree. The DSC works hard to ensure that History students have a rewarding university experience through hosting academic workshops and social events. As the liaison between students and departmental administration, the DSC plays an important role in the History student experience. Learn more about why you should get involved with the DSC in this short video from last year's DSC members, Sam and Shivangi.
To apply to join the History DSC, please complete the online application.
The following positions are available for the 2021-22 year:
1st Year Representative (must be a first year to be eligible)
- Organize first year outreach
- Advise the student council on opportunities for fostering community at every level of the History program
- Communicate the issues and interests of students within your year
- Perform secretarial tasks during council meetings such as. taking minutes
- Aid in the internal organization of the student council
- Act as logistical support for other teams when needed
- Produce relevant content for the History DSC's blog "The Watson"
- Edit and Review student/external content for publishing on the blog
- Keep the blog up to date with the DSC's calendar and initiatives
- Utilize the blog as a conduit for student connection
- Create and execute exciting and engaging events for History students
- Provide a cohesive mix of both community-building and academically helpful events/activities for History students of all years
- Produce content and graphics for all social media platforms
- Create community-building initiatives that utilize the accessibility of our social networks
- Must be a member of P.A.T.H to be eligible
- Aide in efforts to coordinate our events and outreach with PATH's schedule and current initiatives
- Manage the DSC's Budget and keep accurate and clear financial records
If you have any questions, please email the DSC Co-Presidents, Chloe Fines and Amy Abraham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.