What We Do
The Department of Investment Services manages the day-to-day investment activities for Queen's and is the university's contact with our funds' investment managers. At February 28, 2021, total assets under management amounted to approximately $4.8 billion.
Governance and Oversight
The University, acting through its Board of Trustees has overall fiduciary responsibility for the management of the investment funds of Queen's University. The Board of Trustees has an Investment Committee and Pension Committee to help it accomplish this task.Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures
The Department of Investment Services is responsible for:
- Working closely with the Investment Committee and Pension Committee on investment matters and implementing committee directives;
- Conducting ongoing due diligence on external investment managers;
- Conducting research on new investment opportunities;
- Measuring investment performance against objectives;
- Recommending changes in management structure and investment policy when appropriate; and
- Foreign-exchange, derivatives, and debt management.