Welcome to the Office of the Vice-Principal (Finance and Administration) at Queen's University.
We acknowledge that Queen’s University is situated on traditional Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee Territory, and are grateful for these lands on which we live, learn, work and play. We are committed to effective resource stewardship, championing inclusivity and creating a culture of sustainability.
We oversee a range of non-academic services that support the university's mission by creating and maintaining a positive and vibrant education and research environment.
VPFA Donna Janiec, FCPA, FCA
Donna Janiec, FCPA, FCA, was appointed Vice-Principal (Finance and Administration) on October 1, 2016.
Donna received her undergraduate degree from the University of Waterloo as an international student and went on to article with PricewaterhouseCoopers (then Coopers & Lybrand) in Barbados and then Toronto, obtaining her Chartered Accounting designation in 1987. After close to ten years in public accounting managing the audits of large public corporations and not-for-profit organizations, Donna joined Queen’s University in 1994. She held the position of Associate Vice-Principal (Finance) from 2009 - 2016.
In her present and past positions, Donna has been a member of, or provided support to, numerous Senate, Board, and University Advisory Committees. She considers it a great privilege to hold an Honorary Life Membership with the Alma Mater Society, granted in 2019 to recognize her work and dedication to student life on campus.
Outside of Queen's, Donna is Vice-Chair of the Council of Senior Administrative Officers, a committee of the Council of Ontario Universities, and is past president of CAUBO, having served on the Board for 8 years.
Donna is a CPA Ontario 2021 Fellow, the highest distinction bestowed upon a CPA in the accounting profession.
The departments within our portfolio are responsible for most of the non-academic support services for day-to-day operations of Queen's University, developing innovative solutions to advance university priorities.
Strategic Focus and Responsibilities
- Ensuring sound and effective financial management.
- Creating and maintaining physical facilities and campus infrastructure that is welcoming, safe, and accessible.
- Enhancing risk management and internal audit capabilities.
- Providing a supportive and rewarding work environment for employees, and enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Creating a robust information technology infrastructure in support of teaching and learning, and research.
- Supporting sustainability and social responsibility.
- Addressing climate change and creating a culture of sustainability.
- Promoting employee engagement and well-being.
- Enhancing initiatives of equity, diversity, and inclusion and Indigeneity.
- Enhancing client service.
- Developing asset management plans in support of teaching and research.
- Campus Security
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Tax Slips
- Free Software
- Financial Publications
- Learning and Development
- Sustainable Queen's
- Safe Disclosure Reporting and Investigation Policy
- Transportation Calculator
- University Pension Plan
Recycle well. Get the Waste Wizard app!