Make the world your classroom.
Expand your geographic and cultural horizons by participating in our robust exchange program with universities in 45 countries around the world.
Staff at our partner institutions will assist you with course selection, accommodation, and settling in to your temporary home.
For international students coming to Queen’s on exchange, we offer similar support services and programs to smooth your transition here.
With more than 175 exchange partners in 45 countries, Queen's welcomes ~500 exchange students each year.
"Exchange Agreeements" are reciprocal agreements that enable students to pay tuition at their home institution but register and study at the host partner institution, usually for just one or two terms – so for every Queen's student attending the partner university, a student from the partner university attends Queen's. Course credits are transferred back to the home institution.
Queen's University has bilateral agreements with about 175 universities in more than 45 countries. Some of these exchanges are faculty-specific, while others include multiple faculties under one agreement.
Outgoing Queen's Students: Full-time Queen's students (including international students) may study at one of our many exchange partner universities for a term or full year. Students on exchange are eligible to receive bursaries and scholarships to help cover costs.
Incoming International Students: If your institution has an exchange agreement with Queen's, please consult your home university study-abroad office for information about application procedures.
Exchange Information Specific to Queen's Faculties and Schools
Visit our faculty and school websites for exchange program info specific to each area of study:
- Arts and Science: International Programs Office: Queen's Students Going Abroad | Incoming International Exchange Students
- Business: Queen's Students Going Abroad | Incoming International Exchange Students | Partner Universities for Commerce, MBA and MIB students
- Education: Partner Universities for Education
- Engineering and Applied Science: Exchange Programs
- Graduate Studies: Agreements and Exchanges
- Law: Exchange Programs | International Letter of Permission
- Policy Studies: Exchange Opportunities in China and Ghana