University Registrar


University Registrar

site header


Replacement Diplomas


For those graduates who have lost or damaged diplomas, the Office of the University Registrar offers a Diploma Replacement service.

Please review this page for more information, including replacement costs, and terms of delivery.

What is the cost?

The cost of a replacement diploma is $40.00 (including shipping)

Can I get more than one copy of my diploma?

University Policy forbids the issuance of multiple copies of a diploma. Each diploma is considered a one-of-a-kind legal document.

Queen's understands that graduates may be asked to provide a copy of their diploma for various purposes (including visa and work permit requirements).

For these situations, graduates may request one of the following:

  • A 'Degree Verification Letter', issued by the Office of the University Registrar, which outlines details of a degree obtained by a graduate; or,
  • A 'Certified Copy of a Diploma'*, which consists of a photocopy of the existing diploma, certified to be true, stamped and countersigned by the Registrar's Office

* To obtain a Certified Copy, the original diploma MUST be sent to the Office of the University Registrar for processing. Staff will not certify photocopies created and sent by graduates.

How do I get a Replacement Diploma?

Please fill out the following form and send to:

Office of the University Registrar (Records and Services)
Queen’s University
Gordon Hall, 74 Union St.
Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6.

Diploma Replacement Form (189 KB)