FOR THE RECORD
For the Record – Jan. 5, 2023
January 5, 2023
For the Record provides postings of appointment, committee, grant, award, and other notices set out by collective agreements and university policies and processes. It is the university’s primary vehicle for sharing this information with our community.
Submit For the Record information for posting to Gazette editor Andrew Carroll.
Headship Search Committee, Department of Family Medicine
Michael Green’s term as Head of the Department of Family Medicine will end on Oct. 31, 2023, and a Search Committee is to be established to make a recommendation to the Board Chairs of each participating hospital and the provost of Queen’s University on its future leadership. The Search Committee, which is being established in accordance with the Senate document governing the Appointment of Clinical/Academic Department Heads is to be comprised of:
- The chief of staff (or delegate) of each participating hospital
- One representative of each participating hospital selected by its board
- One member selected by the Department of Family Medicine
- One head of a clinical department, selected by the chiefs of staff of the participating hospitals and the dean
- The dean of the faculty (or vice-dean)
- Two members of the faculty, one of whom shall be from the Department of Family Medicine, appointed by the dean
- Two learners, one of whom shall be enrolled in a graduate, or post-graduate medical program, to be selected by the respective groups
Following approval of the composition of the committee, the membership will be announced.
At this time, nominations to the Headship Search Committee are invited. Additionally, faculty, staff, students, residents and all other members of the hospital and university communities, are invited to submit their comments, in writing, on the present state and future prospects of the Department of Family Medicine, as well as the names of possible candidates for the headship and the reasons for supporting each nominee. Written submissions are to be completed, via Microsoft Forms. Any questions or concerns may be directed to the QHS Staffing Office at email@example.com. Responses received will remain confidential and will be shared only with the members of the review committee; Anonymous submissions will not be considered.