We help host visitors to the Queen's Community
Some collaborations benefit from a face-to-face visit early on, while others would be better served through other forms of communication before a visit.
We are happy to assess the feasibility of a delegation. Simply ask the interested party to complete our International Visit Request Form, providing information regarding the purpose of the visit and we will assess how the visit aligns with the strategic goals of a department, faculty, and/or the university.
The variety of delegations which we provide support:
- visitors from international institutions;
- international government officials and diplomatic personnel;
- institutions with formal agreements or long-standing relationships with Queen’s;
- institutions seeking formal agreements with Queen’s that have interests or objectives that range across several academic disciplines;
- visitors from the Matariki Network of Universities
Academic Visitors to a Department or Faculty
Queen’s University welcomes academic visitors to join our diverse environment of learning, inquiry and discovery. We appreciate the varied experiences and perspectives academic visitors bring to our campus, and the opportunities they provide for exchanging of ideas and research, and for creating international collaborations.
Making arrangements for an invitation: International faculty members seeking to visit specific departments and/or faculty members at Queen's should contact the appropriate Queen's unit or department.
Preparing to enter and stay in Canada: International visitors and their Queen's hosts can find information on immigration, health insurance requirements, and detailed information on preparing for a stay in Kingston on our International Visitors site.