A new vision for the next five years
The Queen’s Strategy calls for a new perspective on the university’s core mission: to have an impact for the greater good – not only in Canada, but worldwide. Queen’s Global Engagement Strategic Plan 2023 - 2028 presents six interrelated objectives for advancing this goal.
Read the Plan
Implementation and Reporting
This is a university-wide plan that will be overseen by the Office of the Principal and Vice-Chancellor and the Office of the Vice-Provost, Global Engagement. It will be implemented in collaboration with faculty members, students, staff, and alumni across the university, as well as with community members and global partners.
Key Documents That Guided Our Strategy
Queen’s University Administration’s Declaration of Commitment to Address Systemic Racism
Yakwanastahentéha Aankenjigemi Extending the Rafters: Truth and Reconciliation Commission Task Force Final Repor
Faculty-Specific Strategic Frameworks and Plans (Arts and Science, Education, Engineering and Applied Science, Health Sciences, Law, Smith)
Our Consultation Process
Explore how we involved Queen's community stakeholders to ensure that our goals align with our community's values.
Since 2020, more than 400 faculty members, students, staff, community members, and global partners have been consulted through committee engagement and one-on-one meetings.
Internal Committee/Group Consultations
- UCARE – April 12, 2021 and January 9, 2023
- Senate Education Equity Committee – April 21, 2021 and November, 2022
- Committee on International Student Success – February 28, 2022
- Provost Advisory Committee on Teaching and Learning – November 28, 2022
- Associate VP/Associate Deans Research – December 12, 2022
- Queen’s University International Programs Committee (QUIPC) – 3 sessions in 2022
- Bader College Senior Management Team (SMT) – December 2022
- Graduate Studies Executive Council – January 19, 2023
- Faculty of Arts and Science Faculty Board – January 2023
- Division of Student Affairs Senior Leadership Group – January 2023
- Indigenous Knowledge, Curriculum and Research Working Group – February 24, 2023
- International Student Consultation, cohosted by QUIC and AMS - February 28, 2023
- Senior Management Team (SMT) – February 2023
- Scarborough Charter Declaration Implementation Group
- SGPS International Students Caucus – multiple meetings in 2022
- AMS Assembly – January 2023
- AMS Senior Leadership meeting – January 2023
- SGPS Senior Leadership meeting – February 2023
Initiated: October 2020
Comprised of senior leaders across the university, the committee advises on vision, values and strategic priorities for global engagement at Queen’s and on the strategy development process.
Initiated: November 2020 – March 2021
The Office of the Vice Provost, Global Engagement convened seven working groups, each focused on a specific aspect of global engagement. These working groups were critical for us to identify the core values and objectives that formed the basis of Queen’s new Global Engagement Strategy.
Initiated: May and June, 2022
A four-member committee from the International Association of Universities visited Kingston Campus and Bader College to meet with more than 150 members of the Queen’ community and complete the assessment of Global Engagement at Queen’s.
IAU Committee Biographies: Link
IAU - Presentation to the Community
In 2023, The Office of the Vice-Provost, Global Engagement and the Office of the Principal and Vice-Chancellor launched an online consultation aimed at refining the strategic plan and ensuring that it aligned with the needs and aspirations of the community.
The online consultation received a significant response from faculty members, students, staff, community members, and global partners, who provided valuable feedback on the strategic plan. Participants were able to provide feedback through an online survey and one-on-one consultations with the Vice-Provost.
The feedback provided was diverse, constructive, and insightful, covering topics including international partnerships, study abroad programs, research collaborations, and ways that individual offices could contribute to global engagement initiatives. The Vice-Provost, Global Engagement thanks the university community for their commitment to ensuring that the Global Engagement Strategic Plan is relevant and meaningful to everyone involved.
Join the Discussion
We look forward to working together.
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the Global Engagement Strategic Plan.Email us at