Susan E. Babbitt
Associate Professor (In Memoriam)
People Directory Affiliation Category
- B.A., University of Ottawa
- M.A., Cornell University
- Ph.D., Cornell University
Early or Theravada Buddhism, José Martí
- Early Buddhism as Philosophy of Existence: Freedom and Death (London, UK: Anthem Press, May 2022)
- Humanism and Embodiment: From Cause and Effect to Secularism (Bloomsbury, 2014)
- José Martí, Ernesto “Che” Guevara and Global Development Ethics: The Battle for Ideas (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)
Recent Articles and Book Chapters
- “The Art of Dying is the Art of Living: Rationality in Theravada Buddhism”, Philosophy East and West (University of Hawaii) (2021) 73:1.
- “Anarchy a false hope? Latin American revolutionaries knew dhamma and saddha” Leah Kalmanson, ed. Comparative Studies in Asian and Latin American Philosophies (Bloomsbury Press, 2018).
- “Political Freedom and Epistemic Injustice” in Ian Kidd, José Medina, Gaile Polhaus eds. Handbook on Epistemic Injustice (Routledge Press, 2017).