Agnes Benidickson Tricolour Award
- The Agnes Benidickson Tricolour Award and induction in the Tricolour Society is the highest tribute that can be paid to a student for valuable and distinguished service to the University in non-athletic, extra-curricular activities. Such service may have been confined to a single field, or it may have taken the form of a significant contribution over a wide range of activities.
- The award is named in honour of Dr. Agnes Benidickson who was Chancellor of Queens University from 1980 until 1996.
- For more information, please contact the Office of the Rector
Who Can I Nominate?
The Agnes Benidickson Tricolour Award is for students only. Nominate a student that has devoted their time and efforts to the Queen's community in non-athletic/academic ways. If you know a student who has significantly and positively impacted life at Queen's, in your life or the lives of others while attending Queen's, you should nominate them!
- In the late Fall of each year, the Rector distributes nomination forms through the SGPS and AMS, but forms can also be found online. Download the nomination form.
- Each nomination must have complete nominee information and a primary and secondary nominator, both of whom must be current students.
- Letters of support (no less than five and no more than 10) must accompany the nomination form. Letters must be submitted by each nominator (primary and secondary). Other letters can be from students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Letters must include name, faculty, role/function and contact information of submitter, nominee name and description the nominee's contribution(s) to and impact at Queen's University.
- The nomination package will consist of completed nomination form and letters of support. Letters should be scanned and/or submitted electronically (PDF) by the primary nominator to the Office of the Rector.
- Upon nomination, the Office of the Rector will confirm acceptance of nomination. The Rector will also request nominees submit a CV and a list of activities that they have been involved with at Queen's University, along with a list of individuals who may comment on their performance in said activities. The Selection committee is not limited only to contacting those references provided by the candidates.
- Interviews will be held with all candidates who accept their nominations..
- Nominations Deadline: January 20th 2021. All nomination packages must be received by e-mailing a pdf copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Rector serves as the Chair of the Tricolour Award Selection Committee.
- The selection process follows the procedures as outlined in the Award's Terms of Reference.
- Admission to the Tricolour Society shall be limited to Queen's University students. Although the number of students to be admitted to the Society each year shall be decided by the selection committee, the number shall be limited so as not to jeopardize the distinction of the Tricolour Society.
- Selection of the successful nominee(s) shall be made on the basis of the interviews, their nomination packages, and submitted CV's.
- Admission shall not be granted simply because a person holds or has held a certain position or office on campus.
- Decisions of the Tricolour Awards Selection Committee are final.
- Decisions of the Tricolour Award Selection Committee will be made public the beginning of February.
- The names of the Award's recipients are engraved on a plaque in the Students' Memorial Union portion of the John Deustch University Centre.
Please address any questions regarding award nominations and the selection process to the Office of the Rector.