RDM Information Series 2: Session 1 - Research Data Management and You
DateWednesday January 18, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
LocationVirtual - Microsoft Teams
The Queen’s Data Champions (qDC) hosted the first session of our RDM Brown Bag Information Series to learn about research data management, including what it is, why it is important, and how it might impact you. You will also learn about the three pillars of the Tri-Agency RDM Policy and how the second and third pillars (data management plans and data deposits, respectively) may impact your grant applications and/or research projects in 2023. The qDC will also introduce you to the Queen’s University Institutional RDM Strategy and how you can provide feedback on the strategy.
Video (Queen's NetID required):
The transcript and closed captioning of this video were auto-generated. We apologize in advance for any errors in the transcription.
About Queen’s Data Champions
The Queen’s Data Champions (qDC) is one of eighteen groups across Canada to receive funding from the Digital Research Alliance of Canada as part of the Data Champions Pilot Project. The project aims to encourage a shift in research data culture by promoting sound research data management (RDM) practices. The qDC includes five experts from across the university, working together to create and develop RDM learning resources for the Queen’s research community.
The qDC includes:
- Alicia Cappello, Engineering & Science Librarian, Queen’s University Library;
- Elise Degen, Communications & Relations, Centre for Advanced Computing;
- Matt Clapp, Manager of Data Platform Services, Information Technology Services;
- Meghan Goodchild, Research Data Management Librarian, Queen’s University Library / Scholars Portal;
- Rebecca Pero, Information & Project Coordinator, Vice-Principal Research Portfolio.