RDM Information Series 2: Session 2 - Developing a Data Management Plan
DateWednesday February 15, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
LocationVirtual - Microsoft Teams
The Vice-Principal Research Portfolio invites you to the second session of the RDM Brown Bag Information Series, the Queen’s Data Champions (qDC) will provide you with all the tools and knowledge you will need to create and maintain a data management plan (DMP).
You will learn about the importance of data management planning, what questions to ask when creating a DMP, and what resources are available to you to responsibly manage and document your data throughout the life of your project. You will also be introduced to the DMP Assistant, a free, online tool available to Canadian researchers, and various DMP templates and exemplars available from the Digital Research Alliance of Canada.
About Queen’s Data Champions
The Queen’s Data Champions (qDC) is one of eighteen groups across Canada to receive funding from the Digital Research Alliance of Canada as part of the Data Champions Pilot Project. The project aims to encourage a shift in research data culture by promoting sound research data management (RDM) practices. The qDC includes five experts from across the university, working together to create and develop RDM learning resources for the Queen’s research community.
The qDC includes:
- Alicia Cappello, Engineering & Science Librarian, Queen’s University Library;
- Elise Degen, Communications & Relations, Centre for Advanced Computing;
- Matt Clapp, Manager of Data Platform Services, Information Technology Services;
- Meghan Goodchild, Research Data Management Librarian, Queen’s University Library / Scholars Portal;
- Rebecca Pero, Information & Project Coordinator, Vice-Principal Research Portfolio.
More Queen's Data Champions events
Learn about the benefits and considerations around depositing your research data into a repository