Housing and Ancillary Services support Queen’s University’s international community of lifelong learners and accomplished leaders. Internal partners who invest in campus services, experiences, and products rather than taking university business off-campus are investing in vital student programming, enhancing the overall student, faculty, and staff experience.
Housing and Ancillary Services (H&A) is a financially self-supporting department in Student Affairs that cultivates a broad spectrum of responsible and innovative services supporting the University’s strategic goals. Net operating revenue through the management of 18 residence buildings, three dining halls, numerous retail foodservice locations on campus, Event Services, Donald Gordon Hotel and Conference Centre, and the off-campus rental apartment and housing properties contribute to upholding the outstanding reputation of excellence held by Queen’s.
Benefits of Keeping it on Campus
“Over the years, we have worked with Queen’s Event Services to facilitate events of all sizes. The dedicated event professionals led us through the planning process, ensuring all details, from securing the venue and arranging catering to genuinely valuing the significance of some key Queen's milestone events. We look forward to utilizing their expertise and campus services for years to come.”
Kevin Deluzio, Dean, Smith Engineering
Does your event require more planning and coordination, or perhaps hosting just isn’t your thing?
Event Services provide tailored support from a full spectrum of professional event management services for conferences, lectures, sports groups, weddings, and corporate meetings of all sizes. Our team makes simple coffee breaks to elegant galas seamless through:
- Securing the perfect venue
- Curating and managing all food and beverage specifics
- Menu options for special dietary needs and cultural observances
- Set up and tear down your event space
- Full bar service logistics
- Audio-visual enhancements
- Coordination of both internal campus services and external vendors
- Booking on-campus summer accommodations
Donald Gordon Hotel and Conference Centre
Nestled in the heart of Queen's University and bolstered by the outstanding reputations of its scholars and researchers, the Donald Gordon Hotel and Conference Centre (DGHCC) combines the amenities of a full-service year-round conference and event centre with the elegance and charm of a boutique hotel.
- 15 conference rooms and meeting spaces with floor and lecture style seating
- 80 hotel rooms, operating year-round
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Stunning Courtyard, with historic Coach House Pub
- Professional culinary team and in-house dining options
- IACC-certified venue open to all faculties, departments and the public
Hospitality Casual Catering
Are you simply looking to compliment your meeting or event with catered food and beverage while independently handling all the other logistics? Place an online order with Hospitality Service’s Casual Catering through CaterTrax, and our food-service team will prepare and drop-off your selected snacks, meals, and beverages.
Please note that with the Casual Catering option, you will be responsible to:
- Provide food service tables
- Ensure access to the delivery destination
- Waste organization and disposal
- Space is set up for delivery of an order
When you use campus services, you support UN Sustainable Development Goals 1, 2, 12 and 13 through local food sourcing and Fairtrade products, reducing food insecurity through campus food rescue, and by climate action when reducing your carbon footprint and participating in waste reduction initiatives.
- 35% of food in Hospitality Services is purchased within 500km
- 67% of food in Hospitality Services is purchased within Canada
- Whenever possible, leftover food from Hospitality Services is made available to PEACH Market, Soulfood, and Lionhearts supporting food insecurity in our community.
- GOOD TO GO Reusable Container Initiative and Reusable Mug Program incentivizes reducing single-use waste on campus
Meal Plans & Flex $
Turn your student, staff, or faculty card into an all-access pass for eating on campus. Whether you are looking for a coffee, a small snack, or a nutritious meal, we have you covered with a Campus Meal Plan or Flex $.
- Purchase Flex $ for snacks and coffee breaks
- Select a Campus Meal Plan accepted at all dining halls and retail food locations
- Spent less time worrying about meal prep
- Track your spending on food and beverages
- Save the tax on dining hall meals and TAMs
- Meal plan holders auto-enroll into the GOOD TO GO Reusable Container Initiative
Hospitality Services operate Campus Market at Queen’s University. Shopping hyper-local on campus makes it easy to send students and colleagues treats, care packages, fresh groceries, or birthday cakes made in our Campus Bakeshop. Add the gift of Flex $ to any account to be used at retail food locations on campus.
H&A transforms student residence buildings into affordable summer and group accommodations, including the new Albert Street residence that opened in September 2022.
- Unique 2-bedroom units
- Operating between May-August
- Competitive rates during peak summer tourism season
- Affiliated with Kingston Accommodation Partners
- Located steps from the scenic waterfront and downtown Kingston