Cybersecurity 101 for SMEs with remote workers
DateTuesday April 7, 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Remote working has become a reality for millions of workers overnight. Employees across most industries are now accessing employer networks and sensitive data on a regular basis.
COVID-19 has resulted in a substantial increase in cyber attacks and fraudulent activities which pose risks to our homes and remote workplaces.
The stakes are high: employers are under already under great financial strain as they adjust to the new realities of our economy. A data breach or compromised network can result in a financial loss, damage to company reputation, loss of time and resources and potentially loss of clients.
In this online workshop, SME owners and managers will learn:
- Fundamental principles and practical tips for keeping data secure
- How to establish accountability when employees are working remotely
- How to create a cybersecurity policy and standard operating procedure
- Tips for developing effective training and awareness campaigns
- How to create “defensible” documentation to demonstrate due care and diligence
- How to create a clear process/program for reporting attempted or actual breaches
- Common and COVID-19 specific cyber scams and threats
- Effective password management practices and tools and multifactor authentication
This workshop will also provide an overview of VPN and Wi-Fi access, firewalls, anti-virus, and file sharing, as well as free and/or inexpensive tools and resources for SMEs with remote workers.
- SME owners and managers
- HR professionals