Grant Funding Basics with Pocketed
DateThursday June 22, 2023
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Suffering from information overload when it comes to grant funding? Join other women-identifying entrepreneurs to get back to the basics.
About this event
Are you looking for supportive capital to scale your business? Are you ready to take next steps in growing your team or entering new markets, but need some funding to cover costs?
Great news: grants can fill this gap! Learn from Pocketed’s Director of Growth, Jamie Proctor Boyce about how to leverage grant funding in your business to achieve your hiring, research and development, market expansion, and training objectives.
Jamie will demonstrate how to expedite the grant search and application process while increasing your chances of funding success using platforms that modernize an outdated industry.
This session is for you if:
- You are the owner of a business looking to expand your current operations in 2023.
- You are thinking of launching a new business but are unsure how to access the funding to you’ll need to grow.
- You are suffering from information overload in the grant funding space, or you’re unsure where to start.
- Leave the session with a tool you can use today to identify eligible non-dilutive funding opportunities for your business.
- Discover how you can recoup 50%-100% of internal project costs without taking on debt or giving up equity.
- Learn the basics of grant funding and what you need to prepare a successful grant application—and when it makes sense to engage a professional for writing or review.
- Know where to access supportive services including.
Live Zoom transcription will be enabled during this event. Should you require other accessibility supports, please email email@example.com as soon as possible since advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility services.
NOTE: Registered attendees will be emailed a Zoom link to the online session by separate email prior to the event.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Jamie Proctor Boyce is Director of Growth at Pocketed, where she leads Pocketed's service and customer success teams. Beginning her career as an actor and producer in New York City, Jamie has worked extensively in business development, marketing, and people management in the hospitality, media, nonprofit, and tech sectors. Passionate about supporting the people driving Canadian innovation, Jamie brings curiosity, creativity and compassion to whatever problem she's solving.
Money is a leading barrier to innovation and entrepreneurship, especially for women and equity-seeking groups. Founded by entrepreneurs who have lived this pain, Pocketed was built to level the playing field. Pocketed helps Canadian businesses easily access over $5.9B annually in government funding including grants, tax credits, and other business incentives. To date, more than 10,000 companies have used Pocketed to apply for over $80M in government funding.
ABOUT THE WE-CAN PROJECT:
The WE-CAN Project is led by Queen’s University and supported by the Government of Canada. Its mission is to inspire and empower existing and aspiring women entrepreneurs by providing them with tools, resources, expert mentors, networks and community building to expand existing businesses and to launch new ventures.
The Government of Canada, through FedDev Ontario’s Women Entrepreneurship Strategy (WES) Ecosystem Fund is providing $3.2 million for Queen’s University to design and deliver programs and services to accelerate, train, mentor and provide resources to women entrepreneurs and women-led companies in the community.
The focus of the WES strategy is to provide support to women entrepreneurs from diverse and underrepresented groups.