(i.e., Files related to research funding, grants and partnership agreements)
Submissions to the Awards module are required prior to submitting a funding application (unless otherwise specified) and to request drafting/review of research contracts or agreements.
For Grant applications, the Awards module form, known as the TRAQ Data Summary and Signature System (TRAQ DSS) must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance of the funding application deadline (15 days in advance if research is hospital based). See Lifespan of a Research Grant for more information.
For contract drafting/review, researchers are advised to submit their TRAQ DSS well in advance, and that the average time for first review can be 3-4 weeks. See Research Contracts Unit for more information.
What are the features?
In addition to existing DSS functionality, the TRAQ Awards module also includes the following features:
- PI's may list multiple research team members, who will not only have access to viewing the entire file, and its attachments, but also edit access before the PI submits the application for approval;
- Researchers have the ability to attach documents (i.e. grant proposal, agreements, budgets, etc.) to their applications;
- Researchers are able to list multiple sponsors for a single award application;
- Since certifications (human ethics, biohazards) are also available through TRAQ, applicants are able to link any required certification directly to the award file;
- Event forms allow for management of file modification in the post award period;
- Both workflow approval and project logs are kept in pre and post award periods;
- Central research administration staff can communicate with the Principal Investigator and project team members internally within the system.
How do I access the forms?
As a member of the Queen’s research community, you are able to access the forms by logging into Search and Sign In (top right corner) at queensu.ca .
- Click on MyQueensU/Solus under the heading University Wide
- Scroll down to Research Applications
- Select TRAQ Researcher Portal
- Enter your Queen's net id and password when prompted
- Your TRAQ Researcher Portal will open
- Once in the TRAQ Researcher Portal, click on “Apply New” and select the appropriate form based on the information description.