RDM Information Series 2: Session 3 - Depositing Your Research Data in a Repository
DateWednesday March 22, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
LocationVirtual - Microsoft Teams
The Vice-Principal Research Portfolio invites you to the third session of the RDM Brown Bag Information Series, where you will learn about the benefits and considerations around depositing your research data into a repository.
Featuring special guest presenter Dr. Robert Montgomerie, Professor Emeritus of Biology and Data Editor for The American Naturalist.
Topics will include:
• Information about the data deposit requirement of the Tri-Agency RDM policy
• Considerations for selecting a repository for your specific research data
• Demo of depositing a dataset into the Queen’s Dataverse Collection of Borealis, the Canadian Dataverse Repository.
• Disciplinary perspective of reviewing data for a biology journal
Video (Queen's NetID required):
The transcript and closed captioning of this video were auto-generated. We apologize in advance for any errors in the transcription.
About Queen’s Data Champions
The Queen’s Data Champions (qDC) is one of eighteen groups across Canada to receive funding from the Digital Research Alliance of Canada as part of the Data Champions Pilot Project. The project aims to encourage a shift in research data culture by promoting sound research data management (RDM) practices. The qDC includes five experts from across the university, working together to create and develop RDM learning resources for the Queen’s research community.
The qDC includes:
- Alicia Cappello, Engineering & Science Librarian, Queen’s University Library;
- Elise Degen, Communications & Relations, Centre for Advanced Computing;
- Matt Clapp, Manager of Data Platform Services, Information Technology Services;
- Meghan Goodchild, Research Data Management Librarian, Queen’s University Library / Scholars Portal;
- Rebecca Pero, Information & Project Coordinator, Vice-Principal Research Portfolio.