The master's program normally extends over two calendar years. For students with an honours degree in psychology the requirements for the master's program are:
- CORE Human Ethics - 1 online tutorial
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) - 3 online tutorials
- Accessible Instructor for Educators - 1 online tutorial
- Queen’s Health & Safety Awareness - 1 online tutorial
- Thesis Proposal to be defended orally
- Thesis (PSYC 899) to be defended orally
- PSYC 801 and PSYC 802 and
- Additional coursework as defined by the specific program of study as listed by program below:
The master's program normally extends over two calendar years. For students with an honours degree in psychology the requirements for the master's program are: PSYC 801, PSYC 802, PSYC 899 (thesis to be completed by the end of the second year in the program), two of PSYC 811, PSYC 812, PSYC 907 or PSYC 908; and two of PSYC 833, PSYC 917, PSYC 930, PSYC 931, PSYC 934, PSYC 935, PSYC 970, or PSYC 971. Students working with animals also take QACS 799.
Graduate courses offered by Departments other than Psychology also may be taken to meet the program requirements with the permission of the supervisor and program chair.
Over two years, students take PSYC 805, PSYC 806, PSYC 809, PSYC 827, PSYC 829, PSYC 838, PSYC 839, PSYC 847.
- One of the following proseminars: PSYC 841, PSYC 851, PSYC 852
- One of the following Developmental theory courses: PSYC 842 or PSYC 843
- One Cognitive Developmental course: PSYC 853, PSYC 854, or PSYC 855
- One Social/Atypical Developmental course: PSYC 856, PSYC 857, or PSYC 859
In years when offered, students may take PSYC 959 or PSYC 960 to meet requirements, contingent on the permission of the supervisor and program chair.
- Two of the following seminar courses: PSYC 942, PSYC 943, PSYC 944, PSYC 947, PSYC 948, and PSYC 949. On occasion, we also may offer additional courses that could be applied to the seminar requirement including: PSYC 945, PSYC 946, PSYC 979, PSYC 980, PSYC 981, PSYC 982.
- One of: PSYC 940 or PSYC 941.