One recommendation made by the Queen’s Truth and Reconciliation Task Force Commission was to increase the accessibility of Indigenous Elders, Knowledge Keepers and Teachers.
In the fall of 2018 two positions were created within the Office of Indigenous Initiatives to assist in supporting the integration of Indigenous cultures and traditions university-wide. The Office of Indigenous Initiatives is happy to assist with and support any requests or questions related to Indigenous cultural services, and is happy to support events, lectures or ceremonies across campus.
Examples of the assistance that we can provide:
- welcome to Territory
- attend and-or present at an event or lecture
- ceremonial asks such as Smudging or Circles
- syllabi or course content support
- presentations and workshop facilitation
- research assistance or supervision
- one-on-one meetings