Queen’s Partnerships and Innovation has compiled lists of resources to help entrepreneurs, startups and SMEs in Eastern Ontario advance their business objectives. We update these resources on a regular basis but acknowledge that our lists are not exhaustive, so we invite you to send us information and links that you have found to be helpful.
For many people with little or no previous business or entrepreneurial experience, understanding the relationship between law and business – and how it may affect the success or failure of their business idea – is a very important step. The Queen's Business Law Clinic has developed playbooks to provide general information on the legal concepts that should be considered by the entrepreneur starting out their business venture.
Additionally, here is a list with links to VC funds in Canada that have recently raised money and are more likely to be in investment mode:
- Amplitude Ventures - Amplitude Ventures' goal is to bring the best healthcare innovations to market to help improve the lives of patients one patient at a time. Their current investment focus is on precision medicine where world-class innovators are driving the future of healthcare.
- BCF Ventures - BCF Ventures is a pioneer in the Canadian investment scene investing in the seed and Series A stage of tech-based startups, mainly in Canada and the United States; also authorized by the Government of Canada to invest and support startups under the Start-Up Visa Program.
- Disruption Ventures - Disruption Ventures aims to be the starting point for the best female founders (or companies with females in leadership roles) when early stage capital is required, to build successful companies with female entrepreneurs and to expand marketplaces, solve problems and make money.
- District Ventures Capital - District Ventures Capital invests in early-stage Canadian companies that develop, manufacture, market, distribute or sell consumer-packaged goods, with a particular focus on the food, beverage, beauty and health and wellness sectors
- Framework Venture Partners - Framework combines a unique data-driven investment decision process with a highly collaborative engagement model designed to help visionary software entrepreneurs and CEOs scale world-class companies in high-growth global markets.
- Luge Capital - Luge Capital is a fintech focused venture capital fund, investing in early-stage teams shaping the way the world experiences financial services.
- Panache Ventures - Panache Ventures is Canada's most active seed stage venture capital fund, and is led by a team of experienced operators, with a strong angel investor track record, years of institutional VC experience and a strong network in Canada, in Silicon Valley and worldwide.
- Ripple Ventures - Ripple Ventures is an early-stage venture fund that works alongside startups through the good and the bad every day. They run an incubator program based in Toronto for their portfolio companies. Their goal is to be an extension of the company's team for the first 6-12 months of investment to expedite milestones.
- The Group Ventures - The Group Ventures is a group of experienced operators with a track record of building value that have come together to Invest and work together with exceptional entrepreneurs. They believe in the Canadian tech ecosystem, its growth potential and the global impact it can have.
- Verstra Ventures - Verstra Ventures invests in exceptional founders who are building enduring software companies. Through our capital, network and extensive knowledge of best practices, we help our portfolio companies scale in a fast, sustainable way.