Data for Download
- Continuous soil temperature and moisture records for various vegetation types and for the birch hummock snowfence and greenhouse experiments at a low arctic tundra site since 2006 at 4 hourly and diel frequencies (Daring Lake, NWT, Canada). (Soil temperature and moisture diel data download (3.8MB); ReadMe file) (Comparable 4 hourly data are also available via Dropbox etc). Please contact Paul for details if you wish to use any of these data in a publication.
- CO2 emissions calculator for travel by small fixed-wing and helicopter aircraft as well as travel by commercial aircraft, rail or road.
Full list of detailed protocols (each available on request)
Available Equipment and Analytical Capabilities
- Leaf and ecosystem chamber IRGA portable photosynthesis systems
- Leaf area meter and conveyor belt (courtesy of the phytotron glasshouse facility)
- Auto-analyser (NH4-N, NO3-N, PO4-P etc.)
- Total Organic Carbon and Nitrogen (liquid samples)
- Soil processing and fumigation equipment
- Dataloggers and environmental sensors
- Epifluorescence microscope with phase contrast and digital imaging
- Growth chamber facilities including a sub-zero freeze-thaw temperature unit
- Elemental Analyser for total carbon and nitrogen (solid samples)
- Gas sampling equipment for N2O, CH4 etc.
- Nucleic acid extraction and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis analytical equipment
- PCR thermocycler
We also have close links on campus to:
- Queen’s University Biological Station
- Queen's Arctic Research Group
- Queen's glass house and growth chamber facilities
- Queen’s School of Environmental Studies