Applications for 2021 QUAA Grants are now open! If you are unsure whether your initiative qualifies for funding through this Grant or would like to discuss alternative funding options, please contact Natalie Shearer.
Members of the Queen's community who have an idea for an innovative program that enriches the University may qualify for special project funding from the Queen's University Alumni Association (QUAA). Grants are normally for a few hundred dollars but can go as high as $2,000.
In recent years, Queen's groups have gained funding under this program for holding conferences, festivals, community outreach programs, a public affairs radio training program, and for summer day camps.
Guidelines for Applicant Organizations
- The Association seeks to support innovation and connection among its membership, both current and future. Initiatives that promote student-to-alumni interaction, alumni-to-alumni interaction and that are new and innovative will normally be given higher priority.
- The Association’s intent is to provide seed funding without any on-going commitment (presumed or otherwise) to applicants. For this reason, requests from organizations that have received funding within the last two years will normally be given lower priority.
- Applicant organizations must be non-profit in the sense that proceeds will not be returned to the “owners” of the applicant organization.
- Student groups must be a university-sanctioned club, student group or organization.
- Students and/or alumni must play major roles in the organization and operation of the initiative.