An endowment is a gift for life. Your original gift is invested and managed by Queen’s University as part of a pooled fund. The annual income generated is used to support the specific purpose for which the fund was established.
Benefits of Establishing an Endowment
- Satisfaction of making a meaningful gift to Queen’s that is important to you – e.g., student aid, a particular program, research initiative, or area of greatest need.
- Establishes an enduring legacy.
- You can name it in honour of someone close to you or secure your personal legacy.
Create an Endowment
For more information on endowed gifts, please contact our Alumni Customer Service Team at 1-800-267-7837 (toll free in Canada and the U.S.) or 613-533-2060 locally.
We can also provide you with appropriate designation instructions for an endowment to be established at some future time using the proceeds of any of the deferred gift arrangements below:
- Gift of Life Insurance
- Registered Retirement Funds
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Gifts of Residual Interest
For more information on establishing an endowed fund through a deferred gift, please contact our Gift Planning Office.