Queen's Queer Alumni Chapter (QQAC) will foster a supportive and useful community among and build strong connections between our Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer, Two Spirit, and other identifying (2SLGBTQ+) students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
What We Do
- Create a safe space through virtual and in-person events, and social platforms to network, connect, and share experiences
- Organize a unique mentorship program between both students and alumni, and within the alumni community, to support personal and professional goals
- Offer educational and professional development programming to students, alumni, and faculty
- Provide access to resources that support the broader 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- Amplify the voices of and support Queen’s 2SLGBTQ+ students and on-campus student groups through both financial- and leadership-based development.
About Our Name
We are using “queer” to represent 2SLGBTQ+ members, and aim to be inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, two-spirit, and non-binary persons. We also recognize the importance of identity intersectionality with members of our 2SLGBTQ+ community (race, religion, gender, ability, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, etc.) and strive to reflect this across all aspects of this Chapter actively through diverse representation on our Executive Committee, the nature of our events, and beyond.
Read Together We Are to learn about Alex Pedersen's (she/her), staff member and adjunct professor at Queen’s University, reflection on the importance of creating spaces where 2SLGBTQ+ members can thrive and feel supported.