The Johnson Award pays tribute to lifelong contributors to Queen’s University, the Alumni Association, and the Calgary community. It is named after Ernie and Edna Johnson, whose generosity and dedication to their alma mater and community span more than 30 years. The Johnson Award will proudly carry Ernie and Edna's name and spirit for future generations of remarkable Queen's alumni in Calgary.
To select a recipient who is normally based in Calgary or who has contributed to the Calgary alumni community.
- The nominee is a Queen's graduate or Honorary Degree recipient.
- An active and outstanding track record of contribution to the alumni population globally and/or in Calgary.
- An active and outstanding track record of contribution to the population in Calgary as a volunteer.
- An active contributor to Queen's University and/or its students, either financially or through volunteering, or both.
- A significant contribution to or impact upon Queen's University’s reputation via their career, life's work, and active involvement in Calgary.