The School of Rehabilitation Therapy Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes one graduate annually from each of the Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Rehabilitation Science, and Aging and Health programs who have made exceptional contributions to their chosen profession, field or community. Recipients are presented with their awards at the School's annual Homecoming Event.
This award was established in 2013, thanks to the generous support of faculty member and Queen’s alumna, Diana Hopkins-Rosseel, MSc’92, and her husband, John Rosseel, BA’81.
This award will be presented based on the graduate's exceptional contributions to their chosen profession, field, or community. Recipients will be recognized for their contributions in one of the following areas:
- Distinguished themselves at home or abroad and made a difference to the well-being of others.
- Provided leadership and/or advocacy within their chosen profession.
- Demonstrated an ongoing commitment to the education of rehabilitation students and/or graduates.
- Advanced rehabilitation research and/or best practice.
- Continued involvement with Queen's or the Queen's community.
Nominations are now closed.