Queen's University alumni and current student-athletes will be competing in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games for Team Canada. Originally planned for the summer of 2020, the games will now take place one year later, officially opening on July 23, 2021, and continuing through to August 8, 2021.
This year’s confirmed athletes from Queen’s:
- Gavin Stone, Sc'22 - Rowing (Heavy Weight Four)
- Erica Wiebe, EMBAA'22 - Wrestling (Freestyle -76kg weight class)
- Thomas Ramshaw, Sc'13 - Sailing (Finn)
- William Jones, Sc’18 - Sailing (Skiff)
- Haley Smith, Artsci’16 - Cycling (Mountain Bike)
- Alexandra ten Hove, Sc'19 - Sailing (Skipper in the 49er FX Class)
- Julie Anne Staehli, Artsci’16, MSC’20 - Cross Country/Track (5000-metre race)
Part-time Life Sciences student Derek Gee, will be competing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics in Cycling (Track) races.
Future Queen’s student, Benjamin Preisner, will also be representing Team Canada in the Olympic marathon event, before joining our student population this fall.
The list reflects the most up-to-date list of Queen’s community members competing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
View the upcoming Olympics events schedule.
Stay tuned on our social channels to support and cheer on our athletes throughout the games!