RARC provides customized training and information sessions
RARC is available to provide customized professional development training and seminars to staff at publicly funded post-secondary institutions in Ontario on a range of topics surrounding disability, assessment, accommodation, and transition to post-secondary. For elementary and secondary staff, RARC is able to provide training on transition planning and support as students prepare for secondary and/or post-secondary.
Thanks so much! We really enjoyed your presentation and look forward to utilizing these resources with our students!
Seminars and training are available on the following topics:
Disability, documentation, and accommodations
- Supporting students with invisible disabilities
- Demystifying psychoeducational assessment reports
- Understanding and developing effective Individual Education Plans (IEPs) or accommodation plans
- Linking functional limitations to appropriate accommodations
- Evidenced-based recommendations for the provision of accommodations, including guidance on when to recommend memory aids and standards for extended time
- Differences between secondary and post-secondary education
- Assistive technology tools and training
- Understanding and evaluating readiness markers of transition (to secondary and post-secondary school)
- Supporting successful transitions from elementary to post-secondary and beyond
- Considerations for implementing in-person, hybrid and/or online transition programming
RARC will work with organizations and schools on a case-by-case basis to determine needs for virtual vs in-person training. Many training sessions can be provided at no or low-cost to schools or organizations. Please contact RARC to discuss your needs and options for training.
For more information, please contact RARC.