Radiation Safety Courses
The Department of Environmental Health and Safety offers Radiation Safety training to members of the University community who work with or in proximity to radioactive material. One of the conditions of our CNSC License is that all users of radioactive material must be trained to work with radioactive prescribed substances and be informed of the hazards involved.
The Radiation Safety Committee Policy states that all laboratory personnel who are working a lab that has been designated as a radioisotope laboratory must be trained.
You must register and attend a lecture before completing the on-line quiz. The training session is less than three hours in length. You will need a Queen's Net ID to access the on-line quiz. If you do not have a Net ID, please contact your supervisor or ITS.
When the lecture is provided as in-person , it is held in Mackintosh-Corry Hall, Suite B176.
*in person lecture - masks and COVID protocols required
*This topic is not offered regularly and the next available session may be in the following term.
|Tuesday, October 17, 2023||1:00 - 4:00 pm|
Online Radiation Safety Courses/Quizzes
To self-enrol in a non-academic course:
- From the OnQ homepage, locate the Browse Self-Registration Courses widget.
- Click the blue Browse Now button.
- Search for active courses by entering terms that match course titles and descriptions. Enter EHS in the search field and a list of all courses will show up.
- Select the course you want to enrol in from the search results.
- From the course details page, click Enrol in Course.
If you are returning to a quiz that you started earlier (in progress), you do not need to self-register again. From the OnQ Home Page, your training course will be listed at the top of the page under My Courses.