If you have witnessed or have been involved in damage to university property, please complete the University Property Incident Report Form and the Items Claimed for Repair or Replacement Excel sheet and have the departmental administrator submit both forms to the Office of Risk and Safety Services.
- University Property Incident Report web form, University Property Incident Report Form (PDF file, 226 KB)
- Items Claimed for Repair or Replacement (XLSX file, 12 KB)
General property insurance claim information:
- The Insurance Office will cover the cost to repair, rebuild or replace damaged equipment, furniture or supplies. Replacement will be with new materials of like kind and quality. If a department wishes to upgrade the same piece of equipment, any additional costs would be at their own expense.
- Claims must be settled within a three-month period from the date of loss, wherever possible.
- All funds reimbursed to the department may only be used for the replacement or repair of the equipment or supplies that were declared in the claim.
- Items that are not insured include: (a) personal property of individuals or that belonging to third parties (b) the cost of reproducing an experiment or the cost of gathering or assembling information or data for such experiment. As such, accurate reporting of your loss at the outset is critical.
Should you have an incident involving a university owned or rented vehicle, please complete the Vehicle Incident Report and forward to the Office of Risk and Safety Services. Please report the incident as soon as possible.
Please review the Auto Accident Checklist (DOC, 178 KB) of what to do in the event you are involved in a vehicle incident.
New Drivers and Vehicles
If you wish to add a new driver or new vehicle to the university's insurance coverage, please complete the appropriate form and forward to the Office of Risk and Safety Services.
- New Driver Profile web form, New Driver Profile (PDF, 709 KB)
- Vehicle Acquisition web form, Vehicle Acquisition (PDF, 165 KB)
For more information on the university claims process, please see the Insurance Claims SOPs page.