Create and access your Ventus account to view and manage accommodations.
Ventus is an online portal that connects students, instructors, Queen's Student Accessibility Services, and other support services in the process to request, assess, and implement academic accommodations. The portal was developed for Queen’s in 2021-22, in consultation with instructors, support staff, and student feedback groups.
Ventus helps to manage the accommodation process by allowing students to:
- Submit requests for academic accommodations in one place, and view details of their accommodation arrangements, such as in-class work, exams, quizzes, etc.
- Connect with instructors and support staff regarding their accommodations.
- Upload required documentation for their accommodations.
- Select which courses they would like accommodations applied to.
Ventus helps to manage the accommodation process by providing the following capabilities:
- Streamlines communication and organization needs for instructors and students related to academic accommodation requests;
- Provides instructors with the essential information required for providing students with the appropriate academic accommodations;
- Provides a central hub that enables students to submit their requests for academic accommodations in one place, and view details of their accommodation arrangements, such as in-class work, exams, quizzes, etc.
- Facilitates the processing and assessment of accommodation needs by Queen's Student Accessibility Services; and
- Informs support services, such as the Exams Office, about accommodation requirements for individual students.