- Log into MyQueensU/SOLUS portal (my.queensu.ca), scroll down to Research Applications, click on TRAQ Researcher Portal link. Enter your Queen’s Net ID and password when prompted.
- Click Apply New
- Under Awards, click TRAQ DSS FORM
- Complete the different tabs of the TRAQ DSS FORM, as described below
Project Info tab
- Give your project a title
- Do not enter the start & end date
- If your project has an international dimension note the name of the country in the Keywords textbox
- Click Search under Related Certifications to link your certifications (human ethics/biohazards) to your project – if certification is already active, or in progress
- Under Related Certifications, click Add New to make note of any required animal care certification
Project Team Info tab
- For researchers with cross-appointments: using the Affiliation drop-down menu select the department/research centre where project will be taking place.
- To transfer the role of PI, click Change PI, search for the PI, and click Select once PI is identified.
- To add team members, scroll down, click Add New under Other Project Team Members*, click Search Profiles, search for team members, click Select once team member is identified
- Project Team Members that are external to Queen’s are to be added in the Comments box (under PI information). However, any team members who should have access to the TRAQ DSS Form through the Researcher Portal should be added to the Investigator Database and added to the file under Other Project Team Members. To add an external user to the Investigator Database, please email the TRAQ Help Desk.
Project Sponsor Info tab
- Click Add New to add sponsor
- Click Agency and search for Queen’s University. Once located, click Select.
- Select Queen’s Research Opportunities Fund program that applies to your application from the Program drop-down menu: QROF – VISITING ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
- Do not enter the Project Sponsor start & end date.
- Use the calendar icon to enter the anticipated Start Date: (July 15, 2021)
- Use the calendar icon to enter End Date: (July 14, 2022)
- Click GENERATE, this will create a disbursement table. Please populate Total Requested Cash ONLY in the first disbursement row
TRAQ DSS FORM tab
- Answer the questions on sub-tab 1, 2 and 4. (Only complete Sub-tab 3 for hospital-based projects and when your answer to question 1.6 is YES.)
- Tab 2. Overhead, question 2.1: make sure to select option: Tri Council (SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, NCE, Canada Research Chairs), CFI or Internal Grants
- Important: Save all of your documents (Application Form, Research Proposal, Impact of Funding, External Funding, Budget, CV, etc) in one pdf file and attach the file to your TRAQ DSS Form.
- Click Add Attachment to attach your document(s).
- Approvals tab only needs to be completed for hospital-based projects.
- Click Submit button at the top of the screen when the Errors tab is not visible and the application is complete (Important: PI is the only team member who has access to the Submit button.)
- Enter a comment (e.g. “Please review.” “For your consideration”) in the Comments text box, click Submit button either at the top or bottom, of the pop-up window
- For questions regarding the Queen’s Research Opportunities Funds please contact Marianne Ferris from the Office of the Vice-Principal (Research) at: email@example.com
- For more details regarding the TRAQ DSS Form, please consult the available on the TRAQ website TRAQ DSS Form Researchers-User Manualqueensu.ca/traq
- Please contact the TRAQ Help Desk for support. The TRAQ Help Desk is available by Help Desk Form, email: firstname.lastname@example.org