Deputy Vice-Principal (Research) for Health Research
The Vice-Principal (Research) portfolio is seeking internal applications for the position of Deputy Vice-Principal (Research) for Health Research.
The Deputy Vice-Principal (Research) for Health Research (Deputy VPR) represents the University’s health research, partnerships and innovation agenda and contributes to the strategic vision and development of research initiatives University wide, as well as regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Working closely with Faculties, the Deputy VPR will provide institutional leadership for the coordination and attraction of resources and partnerships for the enhancement of Queen’s health research strategies and profile. In particular, the role will:
- Build strong connections with Queen’s affiliated research hospitals and other partner organizations;
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant research funding opportunities and implement strategies to increase Queen’s share of Tri-Council research funding received for health related research;
- Support the positioning of health related Research Centres and Institutes for national and international funding success and prominence;
- Within the Vice-Principal (Research) Portfolio, provide advice and direction in support of service excellence and work closely with leadership to identify opportunities and partnerships in support of health research;
- Serve as the institutional delegate with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and provide support for large-scale health research initiatives, in particular those aligned with the Canadian Foundation for Innovation.
In addition, the Deputy VPR will provide guidance and advice to the Vice-Principal (Research) on all aspects of the University’s research mission and will have a central role in establishing priorities and initiatives for the VPR Portfolio. The Deputy VPR will serve as delegate of the VPR as requested on internal and external committees.
Qualifications and experience will include the following:
- A Queen’s tenured faculty member at the rank of Professor in a discipline related to health research;
- A track record of Tri-Council research funding success, in particular with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research;
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining positive relationships and influencing outcomes with a broad range of stakeholders with diverse perspectives.
- Knowledge of University structure, policy, and administrative systems.
- Keen interest in research support development
- Experience in commercialization of research would be considered an asset
The deadline for applications is Monday, October 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm. Applicants are asked to send, in confidence, an application package as a single PDF to the Office of the Vice-Principal (Research) via . email@example.com
A complete application consists of:
- Cover letter (maximum one page)
- Current curriculum vitae
- A letter of intent (maximum three pages) that includes:
- Reason for seeking the position
- Overview of the issues facing Queen’s research, with a particular focus on health related research
- Proposed direction for attraction of resources and partnerships for the enhancement of Queen’s health research strategies and profile
The Vice-Principal (Research) will establish an advisory committee to support the selection process. The selection process is expected to be complete by mid-November 2021. Questions regarding the application process may be directed to Charles Sumbler (). firstname.lastname@example.org
Queen’s is strongly committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from Black, racialized/visible minority, and Indigenous/Aboriginal people, women, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
Queen's is committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities. The University will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact . email@example.com