As part of a pilot program to support undergraduate research at Queen’s, the USSRF program will be expanded for 2023 to support more students and research disciplines. Please be patient as we finalize guidelines and contact information. Interested applicants should contact potential supervisors and/or departments to learn about the process for submitting and reviewing applications.
New for 2023:
USSRF has been expanded with up to 100 fellowships available (+ 4 projects at Bader College). Projects in any discipline are eligible. We encourage students and supervisors to start discussing projects today!
- USSRF projects (Kingston campus) are for 16-weeks at full-time work (8-weeks from May to June at Bader College )
- The fellowship value has been increased to $9800 (+ vacation pay and fringe benefits)
- In response to new Tri-Agency funding for Black scholars: USSRF applicants self-identifying as a Black student may be eligible for an Undergraduate Student Research Award instead of USSRF. Please see USRA page for more information.
- Supervisors (Kingston campus) may support and be awarded more than one USSRF. (no longer limited to one application and project per supervisor)
- Students who have already submitted a NSERC USRA application may not need to also submit a USSRF application. Please speak with your USRA Departmental contact for more information.
- 2023 Application - Student Portion (Fillable PDF 253 KB)
- 2023 Application - Supervisor Portion (Fillable PDF 220 KB)
Bader College projects are proposed by the supervisor and students choose between the following projects:
|Projects||Project Titles||Supervisors||Project Descriptions|
|Project 1||Generation of exact capillary surface stability curves using elliptic functions||Matthew Haynes||View Project 1 Descriptions (PDF 125 KB)|
|Project 2||Banish the Backlog: Bexhill Museum’s pre-1930’s hat collection||Ruth M. Cereceda||View Project 2 Descriptions (PDF 119 KB)|
|Project 3||Spider Capital – assessing neoliberal economics in Marvel’s Spiderverse||Robert Hyland||View Project 3 Descriptions (PDF 130 KB)|
|Project 4||Learning Theory Project||Anna Taylor||View Project 4 Descriptions (PDF 137 KB)|
Please speak with your USRA Departmental contact for more information (see Program Guidelines, section 7)
Queen’s University Library can help support you in your research, including helping to publish your poster, presentation, publication or data.
- Research Data Management
- Open Access Publishing
- QSpace: USSRF Collection