- Who: Undergraduate Arts and Science students in an Honours program and Law students
- Where: France or Germany
- When: Fall and Winter
- How long: Fall and/or Winter
- For academic credit? Yes
- GPA requirement: 2.6 cum GPA
- Application fee: No
- Program fee: $200 (payable at time of acceptance, not application)
- Costs borne by student: Travel documentation, flights, insurance, accommodation
- Tuition: Payable to Queen's University
- Financial assistance: TBD
- OSAP eligible: Yes
Ontario Universities International provides students at participating universities in Ontario access to partner universities in France and Germany. Participation in an OUI program offers the following benefits:
- advising and support on both sides of the Atlantic
- expedited admission to one of the world’s great universities
- preferential placement in a student residence
- continued eligibility for OSAP, OGS, and SSHRC scholarship support
- immersion language courses (prior to studies commencing)
Not sure where to go? Search our partners to find out where they are located, term dates, GPA requirement, resources, and more! Make sure you are looking at partner schools that have "OUI-ORA" or "OUI-OBW" in the "Exchange Program" column.
You must be:
- Enrolled in an Honours (four-year) program at Queen's.
- Enrolled full-time in second year of a degree program in the Faculty of Arts and Science or Faculty of Law and be returning to Queen's to complete an Honours degree
- In good academic standing, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 or higher at the time of the application deadline (January).
- Meet the requirements of the exchange partner university regarding level of entry, GPA, term(s) of attendance and language competence (typically a 200-level university-level language or its equivalent for partner institutions where the language of instruction is not English) where applicable. Language requirements are listed on the partner profiles.
Submit IPO application
After submitting the online OUI application, students will receive a PDF application summary. Students are required to submit this PDF application summary and supporting documents to the International Programs Office’s online OBW or ORA exchange program application. This mandatory application form ensures we can align your application data with our database, securing your application.
Once received, the exchange program applications are forwarded to a faculty member for review. All successful candidates are forwarded to the IPO for final review and nomination to the appropriate OUI exchange program.
Want to learn more about exchange? While most students will start their research in 2nd year, it's never too early to begin! Come to one of our Fall info sessions such as Exchange 101, Get an A+ in Exchange, Funding Exchange, Meet the Partners, and more!See upcoming events