- Who: Undergraduate and graduate students
- Where: France
- When: Summer (July-August)
- How long: 4 weeks
- For academic credit? Yes
- GPA requirement: 1.6 cum GPA
- Application fee: No ($60 ILOP fee for successful applicants)
- Program fee: €672 for CEUF at Université Grenoble Alpes and €600 for CILEC at Université Jean Monnet (St Etienne)
- Costs borne by student: Travel documentation, flights, accommodation, meals, insurance
- Tuition: Payable to partner institution
- Financial assistance: TBD
- OSAP eligible: No
The Ontario/Rhône-Alpes (ORA) Summer Language Program (SLP) is a short-term study abroad option. It is designed for full-time degree students interested in exploring French culture and improving their French language skills. Designed for non-French speakers, it offers a unique, excellent and highly enjoyable learning experience in the classroom. The program includes an extracurricular program as well as excursions to places of interest in the region.
There is no French-language prerequisite for successful participation in the Summer Language Program. Classes are offered at various levels, including beginners’ level. You must apply for an International Letter of Permission to transfer credit to your Queen's degree.