The Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Indigenization (EDII) Alumni Award recognizes a Queen's alumni who has made a significant and ongoing contribution through mentorship, advocacy, or guidance to either an individual or group and advances Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Indigenization at Queen's, and beyond.
In 2022, the Queen's University Alumni Association (QUAA) renamed and adjusted the criteria for this award from the previous Alumni Mentorship Award. The QUAA respectfully acknowledges the past recipients of the Alumni Mentorship Award and looks forward to celebrating recipients under the new terms.
Award eligibility and criteria
Candidates should be:
- A Queen's alumnus/alumna
- Committed to, and demonstrated, positive leadership attributes in guiding an individual or group
- Someone who has made a significant and beneficial impact in the lives of others through active involvement in initiatives and programs that support the advancement of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Indigenization
- An individual who has accomplished this service in either a professional or volunteer capacity (preference given to any contribution to Queen's)
- Preference given to alumni with lived experiences as members of equity-deserving groups
- Preference given to alumni whose efforts support intersectionality