By studying overseas, you will have an opportunity to:
- Internationalize your degree and resume
- Gain intercultural skills, knowledge and attitudes
- Improve your language skills
- Take courses not offered at Queen's
- Expand your views and look at issues from a more global perspective
- Have the opportunity to develop networks with professors overseas
- Better understand your own cultural values
- See if living in a different country is for you
- Help you assess your career objectives
- Challenge yourself
We also have lots of ways to support you:
- All students receive assistance from the International Programs Office staff/their Faculty International Office.
- Environmental Health and Safety runs an excellent emergency support program, ensuring your safety while you are away. International SOS provides additional support.
- Students on exchange and at Bader College pay their regular tuition to Queen's.
- Students on exchange and Bader College are eligible to receive bursaries and scholarships to help cover costs. Some other programs also have grants or bursaries attached to them.
- Exchange students and students at Bader College receive assistance from partner universities/Bader College. This support covers course selection, accommodation, settling in and any concerns during their time overseas.