By studying overseas, you will have an opportunity to:
- Internationalize your degree and resume
- Gain intercultural skills, knowledge and attitudes
- Improve your language skills
- Take courses not offered at Queen's
- Expand your views and look at issues from a more global perspective
- Have the opportunity to develop networks with professors overseas
- Better understand your own cultural values
- See if living in a different country is for you
- Help you assess your career objectives
- Challenge yourself
We also have lots of ways to support you:
- All students receive assistance from the International Programs Office staff/their Faculty International Office.
- Environmental Health and Safety runs an excellent emergency support program, ensuring your safety while you are away. International SOS provides additional support.
- Students on exchange and at the Bader International Study Centre pay regular tuition to Queen's instead of international fees.
- Students on exchange and the Bader International Study Centre are eligible to receive bursaries and scholarships to help cover costs. Some other programs also have grants or bursaries attached to them.
- Exchange students and students at the Bader International Study Centre receive assistance from partner universities/the BISC. This support covers course selection, accommodation, settling in and any concerns during their time overseas.